Here's what you can do right now!
1. Write, e-mail, or call President Obama and let him know that you want the US to use its sanctioning powers available under the Pelly Amendment against Japan, Norway, and Iceland until they stop whaling.
White House Comment Line: (202) 456-1111.
White House Fax Line: (202) 456-2461.
Compose and Send a message directly to President Obama:
President Obama's mailing address:
President Barack Obama
The White House
1600 Pennsylvania Avenue
Washington, DC 20500.
2. Write or call your US Representatives and Senators and let them know that you want the US to invoke the Pelly Amendment against Japan, Norway, and Iceland until they stop whaling.
US Capitol Switchboard: (202) 456-1414.
3. Write the Japanese Prime Minister, Naoto Kan, and tell him you will not purchase any Japanese products or visit Japan until they stop killing and capturing dolphins and whales or "Click Here to compose and send your message" directly to the Japanese Prime Minister Naoto Kan
4. Do not participate in any captive swim-with dolphin programs.
5. Do not support or visit any marine park, zoo, or amusement park that has captive dolphins and whales.
Things you can do in your everyday life!
1. CONSERVE WATER! SAVING WATER SAVES WHALES. The water we waste or save is essential to the survival of dolphins and whales. You can help by installing a water-saving device on every water source in your home now. Whenever you can, install fixtures such as showerheads that do better than the 2.5 gallons per minute (gpm) that serves as the current industry and government standard. Reduce your use of hot water, make it a priority in your conservation efforts, as it will have the greatest return (energy + water) for effort.
2. CONSERVE ELECTRICTY! CONSERVING ELECTRICITY SAVES WHALES.Buy one or two energy saving compact fluorescent bulbs every paycheck and replace the standard bulbs until your entire home is completely equipped. Electricity produced by hydropower uses the water salmon need to spawn. Without the salmon, the southern resident orca whales will become extinct. If you own a business, contact your utility today regarding the many programs that support, subsidize and help you plan your water and energy conservation. If you work at a business, encourage and practice conservation.
3. USE TOXIC-FREE PRODUCTS IN AND AROUND YOUR HOME! Most of the toxics we use on our lawns and in our homes run off into rivers and the marine environment where salmon and orcas feed. You can reduce and eliminate toxic substances in your home and on your lawns, including cleaning products, lawn chemicals and pesticides. Use non-toxic alternatives and ensure that any toxic chemicals you have are taken to your nearest toxic waste disposal site.
Save the Whales Again! | Copyright 2011 | All Rights Reserved | Site Designed by Bluwave Media